This One Trick Stops You Sounding Like You're Reading a Script
📩 Want tips every Sunday - one idea a week to help you show up on camera and build your brand: https://brandvideo.pro/trythis
🎥 New to all this? Couch to Creator is my five-week course that takes you from camera-shy to confidently posting: https://yt.couchtocreator.pro
🎬 Ready to go further? The Studio is my membership for experts over 40 building a personal brand that brings in a real income:
https://brandvideo.pro
I'm going to let you in on something. Nearly every long video on this channel, I'm reading. There's a script scrolling right next to the lens. And you'd never know.
And it's not just me. Loads of the big YouTubers you watch are doing exactly the same.
So how do you read every word and still sound like you're not?
After 25 years behind a TV camera and a thousand short-form videos, this is the thing that took me the longest to get right. So this one pulls back the curtain:
- Why "reading voice" happens, and what it strips out of your delivery
- The prompter that listens to you instead of scrolling at a fixed speed (the reveal)
- Fixed-scroll vs voice-following, shown live in a split screen
- Where to put your eyes so you look like you're thinking, not scanning
- How to ad-lib over the joins and recover a fluff without anyone noticing
- Why I keep the ums and pauses in on purpose
The app I'm using here is Prompt Smart Pro on my iPhone 17 Pro.
Chapters:
00:00 Nearly every video, I'm reading it
00:30 What gives a reading voice away
01:27 Keep the words simple
02:10 The kit I use
02:44 The reveal: fixed scroll vs voice-following
03:36 Why chasing the scroll wrecks you
04:29 Where to put your eyes
05:40 Ad-libbing over the joins
07:10 Why I film in tiny chunks
07:54 "Isn't reading cheating?"
New video every week. I read every single comment — so tell me, do you use a prompter, or are you still winging it?
#CouchtoCreator #OnCamera #VideoTips
via YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o_GMhy12ls
No comments:
Post a Comment